LDC Development Online resources area
LDC Development provide a ‘LDC Development Online resources area’ in the University system Canvas that supplements the development programme of workshops and webinars. This resource is open to all PGRs at the University of Liverpool and can be accessed at any time.
- You will need to log in with your MWS credentials, with your username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
Content - Our resources in Canvas are organised into two sections, with further information below:
The resources combine the online resources with previous web content, plus further materials that supplement our workshops and, where available, workshop videos.
- Taking Ownership of Your PhD - materials from our introductory workshops for new PGRs
- Communicating in Writing - materials to develop your academic writing, for your thesis and research publications
- Communicating through Presentations - materials looking at the requirements for research presentations and academic posters
- Research Productivity - materials covering time and Project management
- Resilience and Well-being - ways that you can manage the challenges of life as a researcher
- Career Planning - guidance and an online course help to help your prepare for the next step in your career
- Creativity & Critical thinking - an introduction to the problem-solving, innovation and critical thinking skills needed as a researcher
- Support for the PGR Toolbox - including a video of a recent introductory webinar
Links to other development opportunities with the University:
- Research Ethics and Research Integrity - access to the Epigeum courses.
- Cross-faculty training Opportunities - list updated as of April 2021