Cancer and the community
The Centre has a busy programme of public and community events and activities throughout the year. Our aim is to help local people understand more about cancer and how to reduce their risk. Events take place both in the Centre and at community venues.
- Lab tours – go behind the scenes in our laboratories and meet our scientists.
- Public lectures – hear our experts talk about their pioneering work.
- Educational visits for schools and colleges – learn about exciting careers in science and research from the people that do it.
- Science demonstrations – get a better understanding of our work through interactive activities.
- Community events – bringing our work to you.