World Cancer Day
On World Cancer Day (Tuesday 4 February) staff from the North West Cancer Research Centre, based at the University, will be hosting a FREE public event to bring together local scientists, researchers, health and social care professionals, patients, survivors and members of the public, to celebrate survivorship, advances made in cancer diagnosis and treatment, and of course the contribution the University makes to the global campaign to beat cancer.
The event starts with a buffet lunch at 12.45pm, followed by guest speakers from across the local cancer community including:
- Professor Sarah Coupland (Chair of Pathology University of Liverpool)
- Dr Joe Sacco (Consultant in Medical Oncology University of Liverpool/Clatterbridge)
- Dr Thomas Butts (Anatomy Lecturer University of Liverpool and Cancer Survivor)
- Dr John Woolley (Cancer research biologist University of Liverpool Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology)
- Reverend Doctor Mike Kirby (Radiotherapy Physics University of Liverpool)
- Gavin Flatt (Liverpool City Council Public Health)
- Michelle Timoney (NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group)
The opportunity to visit the University of Liverpool's Radiotherapy Simulation Suite is also being offered.
For more information and to book your place please visit bit.ly/380cpMo
Refreshments and Pledges
This event is free to attend but please confirm your place by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org | 0151 794 9814
Watch some of our staff talk about their research below