Anyone can volunteer. It doesn't matter what your skills, experience or background are.
We usually ask for half a day a week - but if you want to do more you would be welcome!
Not only do you get to work in a beautiful location, gain a range of new skills and meet new friends, but you also benefit from:
- A supporters card for regular volunteers, allowing you and a friend to visit the gardens for free
- Enjoy a 10% discount in the Botanic Kitchen at Ness Cafe
- Enjoy a 10% discount in our Gift Shop
- Enjoy a 10% discount in our Plant Sales area, courtesy of Dovecote Nurseries
- Invitations to special events including our twice-yearly volunteer parties
- Most importantly a hot drink and home baked cake at break time.
The following voluntary roles are currently available at Ness Botanic Gardens:
- Administration: supporting the business management and Membership team with a variety of office-based tasks
- Education: supporting visits from school groups and the smooth running of our adult education activity
- Events: support events and promotional activity both at Ness Botanic Gardens and in other locations
- Gardens & Potager: undertaking a variety of tasks within the gardens themselves
- Garden Guides: delivering tours and showcasing the gardens for groups visiting Ness Botanic Gardens
- Herbarium: support the cataloguing and labelling of our living plant collection and other related tasks
- Operations: providing a warm welcome to our visitors, taking payments and supporting events and activity in the Visitor Centre.
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering at Ness, please complete the application form below or contact us for more information.
Back to: Ness Botanic Gardens