Postgraduate research opportunities
- Visit our PhD hub to find out about our PhD programmes, studentships and more.
What's it like to study a Italian at Liverpool?
Find out about what it's like studying here, from Benedicta, who's in her second year studying Law with Italian.
Why study with us?
- Small, friendly teaching team of native speakers of Italian who combine high-quality teaching with active research.
- Combine Italian with a choice of over 20 subjects on our Honours Select programme.
- Learn Italian with two other languages as part of our BA in Modern Languages (Triple Subject).
- Spend part of, or your entire Year Abroad in Italy in Year 3, depending on your subject combinations
- A newly refurbished interactive language laboratory.
- A fully-equipped Modern Languages Resource Centre that can also be used for independent study.
- Opportunities can be available to assist with teaching Italian in Liverpool schools.
- Social and cultural events celebrating all things Italian in partnership with the Dante Aligheri Society and the Italian Consulate.
Hear from our students to find out what it's really like to study a language at Liverpool.