Congratulations to our 2016 Mathematics graduates
Congratulations to all of the 2016 Mathematics graduates.
Prior to the formal degree ceremony in the Philharmonic Hall, graduates, their friends and relatives attended a prize giving reception in the Central Teaching Hub.
Mark Beckett receives the Willis Prize in Mathematics from Professor Kurt Langfeld, Head of Department.
Caroline Cahil - Fröhlich Prize in Theoretical Physics
Chenge Sun (left) receives The Rajendra Bhansali Prize from Emeritus Professor Rajendra Bhansali. This prize is for the best final year student in Financial and Actuarial mathematics.
Other 2016 prize winners were:
- Mengchen Li - Andrew Young Prize in Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences
- Zexi Zhang - Willis Prize in Mathematics
- Mengjia Zhu - Brownlow Hill Prize in Mathematics
- Zhipeng Jiang - Frank Stanton Carey Prize in Mathematics
- Xi Chen - Willis Prize in Mathematics
- Jack Hackett - JG Oldroyd prize
- Sally Cresswell Cast - Ronald Hudson prize
- Yefei Ma - NA Software Honours Prize for Mathematical Software
- Yongzhi Wang - JG Oldroyd prize
- Mengchen Li - Sampford Memorial Prize
- Alice Phillipson - Sampford Memorial Prize
- Chenge Sun - IMA prize
- Christopher Overton - IMA prize