Yuanzhu Zhan joined the University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) in January 2017 as a Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management. He holds an MSc in Risk Management and a PhD in Business Management from the University of Nottingham. His research focused on investigating the impact of different emerging technologies (e.g., big data analytics, social media and artificial intelligence) on organisations’ operations, innovation management and sustainable supply chain management.
Yuanzhu is the Director of Studies for the MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management programme. He has authored and co-authored many publications (e.g., a utility patent, book chapters and journal articles). His research has been published in various refereed journals such as International Journal of Operations and Production Management, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Service Research, International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Production Economics, R&D Management, and Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, among others.
Yuanzhu serves as an Editorial Board Member for Industrial Management & Data Systems. Meanwhile, he is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and a permanent founding member of the International Society of Innovation Methods (I-SIM). He has organised and co-chaired “The 10th International Conference on Systematic Innovation (ICSI) & the 9th Global Competition on Systematic Innovation (GCSI)” that was hosted by the University of Liverpool Management School from July 8-11, 2019.
Yuanzhu's research interests are in the areas of operations management, big data and analytics, innovation management and sustainable supply chain management. He welcomes applicants who have an excellent academic background and a strong ambition to work in the academic for his/her future career to apply for PhD under his supervision.
Prizes or Honours
- BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grants, PI (British Academy, 2020)
- ULMS Pump-Priming Grant (ULMS funding Steering Group, 2019)
- Research Early Career Award (University of Liverpool Management School, 2018)
- Early Career Researchers & Returners Fund (2018)
- 2017 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards (Emerald & European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), 2018)
- Commendation Paper Award (Tsinghua University & Research and Development Management Association (RDMA), 2018)
- Finalist for the Dissertation Award (International Society for Professional Innovation Management, 2018)
- Best Presentation Award (the 9th ICSI Conference, Taiwan, 2018)
- RCR Excellence in Review Awards (ELSEVIER, 2017)
- Research Accelerator Award (Marketing Science Institute, USA, 2016)
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad (Chinese Ministry of Education, 2016)
- Conference Session Chair & Best Paper Award (The 6th ICSI Conference, HK, 2015)