I am a Reader in Operations and Supply Chain Management at the University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS). Prior to joining ULMS, I have worked at Sheffield University Management School, Hull University Business School, University of Bath School of Management and University of Hong Kong. I have a PhD from University of Bath School of Management and an MPhil in Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering from University of Hong Kong. I hold the ‘Gold medal’ for being the overall topper in my undergraduate programme. I am also a fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
I have extensively published (over 90 papers) in the field of Operations and supply chain management in reputed international journals and conferences. Some of my research papers are highly cited in the literature and have appeared in top ranked international journals such as International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Omega: The International Journal of Management Science, Transportation Research Part E, Journal of Cleaner Production, International Journal of Production Economics, Expert Systems with Applications, International Journal of Production Research, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Production Planning and Control, Technological Forecasting & Social Change and Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing. I serve on the Editorial board of International Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Resilience (IJSCOR) and International Journal of Network and Mobile Technology (IJNMT). I am also in the Editorial reviewer board of International Journal of Operations and Production Management (IJOPM). I have served on the academic and scientific committees of reputed international conferences such as European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) annual conference, International Symposium on Industrial Engineering & Operations Management, European Decision Sciences Institute annual conference and Sustainable Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management conference.
I have led and contributed to a number of research projects funded by Horizon 2020, Newton Fund, British Academy, British Council, UGC, UKIERI etc. I have also worked on a number of projects with several companies in Aerospace, Automobile, Retail, Construction, Food, IT and waste management sectors in Brazil, China, EU, India, Thailand, Vietnam and UK. In spare time, I actively participate in educational outreach and charitable activities, and has received the ‘Bath Award’ in 2009 for my contribution to the society.
My research interests are primarily in the domain of Sustainable operations and supply chain management, Food supply chain and Big data practices in Supply chain. I have successfully supervised a number of PhD students in past and am interested in supervising new PhD students having innovative research ideas in Operations and supply chain management field. Any prospective PhD student with a passion for research can get in touch to discuss his/her research proposal.
Prizes or Honours
- Top 25 most cited author (Transportation Research Part E, 2019)
- Top 30 most cited author (International Journal of Production Research, 2017)
- The Bath Award (University of Bath, UK, 2009)
- Gold medal recipient for being the overall topper in the UG programme (NIFFT, India., 2004)
Other Personal Distinctions
- Editorial Reviewer Board Member (International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 2017)
- Reviewer - Newton Fund (Newton Fund, 2017)
- Scientific Committee Member - 24th EurOMA Conference (EurOMA Annual Conference, 2017)
- International Academic Committee Member (Annual Conference of the European Decision Sciences Institute (EDSI), 2017)
- Committee Member (International Symposium on Industrial Engineering & Operations Management (IEOM) UK, 2017)
- Member of Peer Reviewer Group (EPSRC, 2016 - present)
- Member of Peer Reviewer Group (ESRC, 2016)
- Keynote Speaker : “Pathways to Greening the Supply Chain Operations" (Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, India, 2016)
- Conference Chair (Sustainable Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Conference, 2014)
- Editorial Board Member (International Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Resilience, 2013)
- Organizer and Conference Chair (Meeting of Minds Research Conference, 2009)