Elena P. Antonacopoulou is Professor of Organizational Behaviour at the University of Liverpool Management School, where she leads GNOSIS - a research initiative advancing impactful collaborative research in management and organization studies.
Her principal research expertise lies in the areas of Organisational Change, Learning and Knowledge Management with a focus on the Leadership implications. Her research continues to advance cutting edge ideas and thought leadership as well as, new methodologies for studying social complexity and is strengthened by her approach; working with leading international researchers, practitioners and policy-makers collaboratively. Her current study on ‘Realizing Y-Our Impact’ is one example of the approach that governs her commitment to pursue scholarship that makes a difference through actionable knowledge.
Elena’s work is published widely in leading international journals and edited books. She has Editorship and Associate Editor roles for a range of journals e.g. Management Learning, British Journal of Management, Emergence: Complexity and Organizational Journal and is on the editorial board of several journals e.g. Organization Science, Group and Organization Management, Society, Business and Organization Journal, Irish Journal of Management. She is a regular assessor of Research Grant Applications and sits on commissioning panels of research councils in the UK, USA, Australia and Europe.
As one of only 16 Senior Fellows appointed to lead the prestigious Advanced Institute of Management Research, she has fostered the development of innovative, international, interdisciplinary and interactive modes of research. In addition Elena has held several other leadership roles (at Board, Council and Executive level leading special committees such as Ethics, Management Practice) in the top international professional bodies in her field including: the Academy of Management (USA), the European Group for Organizational Studies, the British Academy of Management and the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies.
Elena is actively engaged in collaborative consulting projects with leading businesses and frequently delivers keynote presentations and master classes in practitioner fora on topical themes such as: Crisis and Strategic Learning, Change and the Dynamics of Management Practice, Impactful Learning and Knowing, Dynamic Capabilities in Leadership, Practising for Innovation and Growth.
- Recognition Award for ‘Truly Outstanding Leadership and Service to the Academy as Chair of the Practice Theme Committee 2007-2010 (Academy of Management USA 2010)
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence (University of Liverpool 2014)
- Best International Symposium Award – MED Division for showcase symposium Business Schools’ Rankings: Is it Time to Click the ‘Refresh’ Button? (Academy of Management USA 2015)
- Recognition Award for ‘Truly Outstanding Leadership and Service to the Academy as Member of the Organizing Committee of the Teaching and Learning Conference 2012-2015 (Academy of Management USA 2015)
- Leading a Strategic Learning Agenda (Keynote Speech, Northern Health and Social Care Trust 2009)
- Advancing Management and Organisational Learning Scholarship to deliver Impact (Keynote Speech, Centre for Mgt and Org. Learning Research, University of Hull 2009)
- leading, designing, executing, analysing and disseminating co-production research. (Keynote Speech, ESRC 2008)
- Connecting Scholarship and Practice for Impact: The GNOSIS Experience (Keynote Speech, FME 2008)
- Global research: themes, issues and challenges (Keynote Speech, ESRC 2008)
- Chair Practice Theme Committee Academy of Management USA (Academy of Management, USA 2007)
- Leading a Strategic Learning Agenda (Keynote Speech, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust 2007)
- Outstanding Services to Management Education and Development¿ (American Academy of Management 2005)
- Leading a Strategic Learning Agenda (Keynote Speech, BLA 2005)
- Best paper award (Prize, Conference Committee, Innsbruck, Austria 2004)
- AIM Senior Fellow (Competitive Fellowship, ESRC, EPSRC 2003)
- Strategic Innovation Award (American Academy of Management - Board 2002)
- Member of the ULMS Organisation and Management Group (2003-present)
- Member of the Humanities and Social Sciences Faculty Board, University of Liverpool (2003 – present)
- Member of Senate University of Liverpool (2003 – present)