Elena P. Antonacopoulou is Professor of Organizational Behaviour at the University of Liverpool Management School, where she leads GNOSIS - a research initiative advancing impactful collaborative research in management and organization studies.
Her principal research expertise lies in the areas of Organisational Change, Learning and Knowledge Management with a focus on the Leadership implications. Her research continues to advance cutting edge ideas and thought leadership as well as, new methodologies for studying social complexity and is strengthened by her approach; working with leading international researchers, practitioners and policy-makers collaboratively. Her current study on ‘Realizing Y-Our Impact’ is one example of the approach that governs her commitment to pursue scholarship that makes a difference through actionable knowledge.
Elena’s work is published widely in leading international journals and edited books. She has Editorship and Associate Editor roles for a range of journals e.g. Management Learning, British Journal of Management, Emergence: Complexity and Organizational Journal and is on the editorial board of several journals e.g. Organization Science, Group and Organization Management, Society, Business and Organization Journal, Irish Journal of Management. She is a regular assessor of Research Grant Applications and sits on commissioning panels of research councils in the UK, USA, Australia and Europe.
As one of only 16 Senior Fellows appointed to lead the prestigious Advanced Institute of Management Research, she has fostered the development of innovative, international, interdisciplinary and interactive modes of research. In addition Elena has held several other leadership roles (at Board, Council and Executive level leading special committees such as Ethics, Management Practice) in the top international professional bodies in her field including: the Academy of Management (USA), the European Group for Organizational Studies, the British Academy of Management and the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies.
Elena is actively engaged in collaborative consulting projects with leading businesses and frequently delivers keynote presentations and master classes in practitioner fora on topical themes such as: Crisis and Strategic Learning, Change and the Dynamics of Management Practice, Impactful Learning and Knowing, Dynamic Capabilities in Leadership, Practising for Innovation and Growth.
Prizes or Honours
- Best International Symposium Award – MED Division for showcase symposium Business Schools’ Rankings: Is it Time to Click the ‘Refresh’ Button? (Academy of Management USA, 2015)
- Recognition Award for ‘Truly Outstanding Leadership and Service to the Academy as Member of the Organizing Committee of the Teaching and Learning Conference 2012-2015 (Academy of Management USA, 2015)
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence (2014)
- Recognition Award for ‘Truly Outstanding Leadership and Service to the Academy as Chair of the Practice Theme Committee 2007-2010 (Academy of Management USA, 2010)
- Chair Practice Theme Committee Academy of Management USA (Academy of Management, USA, 2007)
- Outstanding Services to Management Education and Development¿ (American Academy of Management, 2005)
- Best paper award (Conference Committee, Innsbruck, Austria, 2004)
- Strategic Innovation Award (American Academy of Management - Board, 2002)
- AIM Senior Fellow (ESRC, EPSRC, 2003)