Anthony Patterson is a Professor of Marketing. He is the Subject Group Director of Research for Marketing and Operations. His teaching includes marketing theory, qualitative marketing research, and critical perspectives in marketing. Recently Patterson's research projects have investigated components of technocapitalism, service ecosystems, and entrepreneurship as a manifestation of neoliberalism. His articles have been published in many top journals including the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Service Research, Journal of Business Research, Psychology & Marketing, Marketing Theory and the Journal of Marketing Management. From 2011 - 2017 he was the secretary of the Academy of Marketing.
Anthony is keen to hear from potential PhD students that share his research interests or perspective.
- Best Paper Award (Wiley 2012)
- Keynote Address: The Sharing Success Story of Social Networking (Invitation to Speak, British Chamber of Commerce 2011)
- A Seminar Style Audio Visual Presentation (Available online and on CD-Rom) (Keynote Speech, Prof. Michael Thomas [editor] 2008)
- Guest Lecture (Invitation to Speak, University of Exeter 2007)
- Sir Alastair Pilkington Award (University of Liverpool 2006)
- Best Consumer Behaviour Paper Award (Prize, Journal of Consumer Behaviour 2006)
- Keynote Presentation (Invitation to Speak, ESRC-funded Seminar Series on 'Rethinking Arts Marketing' 2006)
- Keynote Presentation (Invitation to Speak, Irish Marketing Teachers Association 2005)
- The Franco Nicosia ACR Best Competitve Paper Award (The Jagdish Sheth Foundation 2005)
- Best Paper Award (Emerald and International Journal of Service Industry Management 2005)