We share the University of Liverpool’s mission to be “dedicated to the advancement of learning and ennoblement of life”.
We advance this through our Vision:
To be a globally connected Management School whose transformative research and teaching places us at the forefront of influential knowledge leadership. This brings us together with students, business and society in learning to make a difference.
In learning to make a difference:
- We provide an outstanding, inclusive student experience which enhances employability and inspires our students to become socially responsible citizens.
Delivered from the heart of the Liverpool campus, our programmes are underpinned by the School’s leading research and informed by employer needs. Through our culturally diverse student body, worldwide network of campuses and online programmes, we are able to offer a truly international learning experience which helps our students to become global citizens. Imbued with Liverpool’s energy, our graduates use their ingenuity to make a difference to business, organisations and society across the globe.
- We enable faculty to develop innovative research which has global impact and enriches our programmes.
Our research achieves international distinction for its originality and significance. Published in top-ranked, peer reviewed journals, it makes a difference; not just through its international reach in the academic community, but by informing and extending the student learning experience. Our community of scholars work collaboratively, also undertaking research in interdisciplinary research teams which span the School, the University and our external partners to address real-world problems.
- We use our cutting-edge research and expertise in the practice of management to support business and society.
Located in a city famous for its commercial and maritime heritage, we collaborate with civic, national and international partners to develop and share our research in a way that enables us to assist organisations, institutions and policy makers. Our work empowers those we engage with to make a difference to their businesses and society. The impact of our knowledge exchange is visible around the world as well as in our city region.
And our Values:
Whilst pursuing our mission and vision, with the commitment to learning to make a difference through transformative research and teaching, we are committed to:
- Providing a friendly, supportive and inclusive environment for all our staff and students
- Creating a collegiate and socially-responsible community of scholarship that drives innovative and impactful research
- Offering an enriching student experience that enhances employability and social responsibility
- Fostering regional, national and international relationships and collaborations to help our stakeholders to make a difference to their businesses and society
- Consistent with the principles of the University of Liverpool, placing ethics and integrity at the heart of our decision-making, and respecting the rights, differences and dignity of others