Special Interest Groups
LBDN has instantiated new and linked to existing Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that cover the following topics of current interest:
- Education (leads: Simon Maskell and Frans Coenen): this SIG is focused on coordinating MSc and CPD provision within UoL as relevant to Big Data.
- Advanced Research Computing (leads: Cliff Addison and Jeyan Thiyagalingam): this SIG provides a focus for the provision of the hardware and software infrastructure required to perform analyses that are too large for a single desktop.
- Health Informatics (lead: Paula Williamson): this SIG, led by the Health and Life Sciences Faculty, collates expertise from across the University who are engaged in research related to health informatics.
- Text Analytics (lead: Danushka Bollegala): this SIG pools interest from researchers involved in the analysis of textual data and other linguistic processing (eg of speech).
- Analytics (lead: Simon Maskell and Pete Green): this SIG has the expertise relevant to the generic task of processing data to inform decision making.