ECRU's Publications and Presentations
Aoife Daly, Children, Autonomy and the Courts: Beyond the Right to be Heard (Brill/Nijhoff, 2018)
- Aoife Daly, ‘Rewriting of the Castle Case’ in Helen Stalford, Kathryn Hollingsworth and Stephen Gilmore, Children’s Rights Judgments: From Academic Vision to New Practice (Hart, 2017)
- Aoife Daly, “The Judicial Interview in Cases on Children’s Best Interests: Lessons for Ireland” 20 Irish Journal of Family Law 3 (2017)
- Aoife Daly, ‘The Judicial Interview: The Right of a Child?’ Magistrates’ Association Magazine (Apr-May 2017)
- Stalford, H., Cairns, L. and Marshall, J. Achieving Child Friendly Justice Through Child Friendly Methods: Let's Start with the Right to Information, Social Inclusion, 2017, 5(3), 207 https://www.cogitatiopress.com/socialinclusion/article/viewFile/1043/1043
- Stalford, H., Hollingsworth, K. and Gilmore, S. (eds) Rewriting Children's Rights Judgements: From Academic Vision to New Practice, (2017, Oxford: Hart) (Available to buy here)
- Daly, A. (2016) A Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 15: The Right to Freedom of Association and Peaceful Assembly, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers
- Daly, A. (2016) The Right to be Heard: Implementing the International Law Right of Children in Proceedings Affecting them, Ashgate
- Savirimuthu, J. (2016) 'Why your child’s digital footprints in school matter', The Conversation, 21 January 2016
- Stalford, H. and Iusmen, I. (eds.) (2015). The EU and the Global Protection of Children's Rights: Norms, Laws and Policy Dimensions. London, Barbara Budrich. Includes:
- Drywood, EW. 'Don't Forget About Us': Children's Rights, EU law and Policy and the Football Industry;
- Ferreira, N. Child labour and EU law and policy: A regional solution for a global issue; and,
- Stalford, H. Journeys to European Justice: (How) Can Children Enforce their Rights at EU level?
- Ferreira, N. (2015), 'Child labour in Europe: a challenge to be tackled, not ignored', The Conversation, 3 November 2015
- Goldson, B. (2015) ‘The Circular Motions of Penal Politics and the Pervasive Irrationalities of Child Imprisonment’, in Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (eds) Youth Crime and Justice, 2nd edition. London: Sage.
- Cunneen, C. and Goldson, B. (2015) ‘Restorative justice: A critical analysis’, in Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (eds)Youth Crime and Justice, 2nd edition. London: Sage.
- Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (2015) ‘Juvenile Justice: International Law and Children’s Rights’, in James. D. Wright (eds)International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition, Volume 12: 956-962, Oxford: Elsevier.
- Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (2015) ‘Children’s human rights and youth justice with integrity’, in Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (eds) Youth Crime and Justice, 2nd edition. London: Sage.
- Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (eds) (2015)Youth Crime and Justice, 2nd Edition. London, Sage.
- Dar, A. (2015) 'Decision-making about child participation in medical research: a relational approach', CFLQ 2015 (forthcoming)
- Daly, A. (2015) 'Hearing Children in Proceedings – International Practice' 25 Seen and Heard 2 (forthcoming).
- Daly A. et al. (2015) Challenges to children’s rights today: What do children think? A desktop study on children’s views and priorities to inform the next Council of Europe Strategy for the Rights of the Child (Council of Europe/European Children’s Rights Unit)
- Daly, A. (2015) 'Why Shouldn’t "Lunatics" Run the "Asylum"?: Re A (Application for DNA Testing) and Attitudes to Children in Proceedings' LancsLaw, The Official Blog of Lancaster University Law School (March 31 2015)
- Stalford, H. (2014), 'The Relevance of EU Citizenship to Children', at the workshop 'Childhood, Youth and European Citizenship', co-hosted by the Sussex European Institute, CIRCY and New Europeans.
- Drywood, EW (2014) 'Situating the EU at the Forefront of a Children's Rights Approach to Asylum Law: Making the Case for, and Exploring the Role of, Suprational Rights Protection'. Journal of Social Welfare and Family Law vol 36 issue 1.
- Goldson, B. (2014) ‘Youth Justice in a Changing Europe: Crisis Conditions and Alternative Visions’, in European Commission and the Council of Europe, Perspectives on Youth: 2020 what do you see?’. Strasbourg: Council of Europe Publishing.
- Stalford, H. (2014) ‘Using the Convention on the Rights of the Child in litigation under EU law’ in Liefaard, T. and Doek, J. (eds) (2014) Litigating the Rights of the Child, London, Springer.
- Stalford, H. (2014) ‘Family Migration: A UK Perspective’, in Eekelaar, J. and George, R. (eds.) (2014), Routledge Handbook of Family Law and Policy, Oxford, Routledge.
- Stalford, H. Cairns, L and Marshall, L. (2014) 'Making the Child Friendly Justice Guidelines Child Friendly', Project Report and associated digital outputs produced at the request of the Council of Europe, December 2014.
- Stalford, H . (2013) Article 32 - Prohibition of child labour and protection of young people at work. In: Peers, S., Hervey, T., Kenner, J. and Ward, A ed(s). The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights - A Commentary. Oxford, Hart Publishing.
- Meyler, F. and Woodhouse, S. (2013) 'Changing the immigration rules and withdrawing the `currency? of legal aid: the impact of LASPO 2012 on migrants and their families'. Journal of Social Welfare and Family Law (Special Issue: 'Delivering Family Justice in Late Modern Society in the wake of Legal Aid Reform') vol 35 issue 1 pp 55-78.
- Goldson, B. and Kilkelly, U. (2013) International human rights standards and child imprisonment: Potentialities and limitations. International Journal of Children's Rights, Volume 21, Issue 2, 345-371.
- Goldson, B. (2013) Children, young people and the contemporary penal landscape: Reflections, prospects, policy and research. In: Dockley, A. and Loader, I. ed(s). The Penal Landscape: The Howard League Guide to Criminal Justice in England and Wales. London, Routledge.
- Stalford, H. (2012) Children and the European Union: Rights, Welfare and Accountability. Hart, Oxford
- Savirimuthu, J (2012) Online Child Safety: Law, Technology and Governance. Palgrave Macmillan, England
- Goldson, B. and Muncie, J. (2012) Towards a global 'child friendly' juvenile justice?. International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice vol 40 issue 1 pp 47-64
- Lamont, R. (2012) Free Movement of Persons, Child Abduction and Relocation within the European Union. Journal of Social Welfare and Family Law vol 34 issue 2 pp 231-244
- Stalford, H. and Drywood, E. (2011) The Use of the CRC in EU Law and Policy-Making. In: Invernizzi, A. and Williams, J. ed(s). Children’s rights: revisiting visions, assessing progress, rethinking implementation. Aldershot, Ashgate.
- Drywood E (2011) `Child-Proofing? EU Law and Policy: Interrogating the Law-Making Processes Behind Asylum and Immigration Provision'. International Journal of Children's Rights vol 19 issue 3 pp 31-54
- Joseph Savirimuthu (2011) The EU, Online Child Safety and Media Literacy. The International Journal of Children Rights vol 19 issue 3 pp 547-569
- Lamont R. (2011) Child Abduction in the European Union: Recognizing and Regulating Care and Migration. In: Bridgman J Keating H Lind C ed(s). Regulating Family Responsibilities. Farnham, Ashgate.
- Lamont R (2011) Mainstreaming Gender into European Family Law? The Case of International Child Abduction and Brussels II Revised. European Law Journal vol 17 issue 3 pp 366-384
- Ferreira N (2011) Fundamental rights and private law in Europe: The case of tort law and children. Routledge, London and New York
- Ferreira N (2011) The harmonisation of private law in Europe and children's tort liability: A case of fundamental and children's rights mainstreaming. International Journal of Children's Rights vol 19 issue 3 pp 571-594
- Stalford, H and Drywood E (2009) 'Coming of Age? Children's Rights in the European Union'. Common Market Law Review vol 46 issue 1 pp 143-172
- Ferreira N (2008) Putting the age of criminal and tort liability into context: A dialogue between law and psychology. International Journal of Children's Rights vol 16 issue 1 pp 29-54
External publications and documents
- Report on MS policies for children with disabilities commissioned by the European Parliament (individual country reports here)
- EU acquis and policy documents on the rights of the child (European Commission)
- Investing in children: breaking the cycle of disadvantage (European Commission)
- Study on educational support for newly arrived migrant children (European Commission)
- Explainer “Towards Children’s Well-Being in the EU” (Eurochild)
- Breaking the cycle of Roma exclusion - The situation of Roma children & promising practices that promote children’s rights and well-being (Eurochild)
- An EU Agenda for the Rights of the Child (European Commission)
- Tackling early school leaving. A key contribution to the Europe 2020 Agenda (European Commission)