Postgraduate Research Student
+44 (0)151 795 0582
I graduated from Shandong University, China (LLM) (China), and joined a continuous academic project that involves postgraduate and doctoral study (shuobo liandu) in 2010. In 2013, I began my study as a PhD student in the University of Liverpool. I am doing research on charity governance in China based on the economic and comparative perspectives. The main research areas of mine include civil and commercial law in China and a comparative study of non-profit organisations law in England, China, Japan and other European countries. And I have published and translated a host of articles in those areas.
“On the Theory of Social Security in the Context of Civil and Commercial Law”, supported by Postgraduate Innovation Foundation of Shandong University (2010)
“The Protection of Privacy in E-Commerce”, supported by Shandong University Independent Innovation Fund (2010)
“Research on the Issues relating to Property and Dissolution of Private Non-commercial Units”(2014MZMJR091), supported by the Ministry of Civil Affairs, China (2014), the First Prize of Academic Research on ‘Construction and Administration of Non-profit Organisations in China’ (the Ministry of Civil Affairs, China).
- “On the Interaction Between Rural Customs and Law During Urbanization”, The Third Prize of Undergraduate Social Practice Report of Shandong University (2007).
- On the Resolution of Disputes Concerning the Attribution of Two Specific Kinds of Copyrights, 6 Consume Guide (2009), p 161.
- On the Construction of the Joint Ownership Regime of Intellectual Property Rights in Modern China, 8 Youth Science (2009), p 48.
- On the Theory of Corporate Social Responsibility and its Function in Legal Practice, 9 Golden Card Project· Economy and Law (2009), p 74. (Co-author with Chen Baojun)
- “Research on the Idea of Social Security in the Context of Civil and Commercial Law”, The First Prize of the Academic Contest of Challenge Cup of Shandong University (2009).
- On the Theory of Social Security in the Context of Civil and Commercial Law, Liang Huixing ed.,Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2010, pp 302-358.
- “The Project of Hengzhu Specific Cement Corporation of Hebei Province”, The First Prize of the Business Plan of Challenge Cup of Shandong University (2010).
- Undergraduate Thesis “On the Idea of Social Security in the Context of Civil and Commercial Law”, Shandong Province Grand Thesis (2010).
- On the Judicial Approach of the Mitigation of Penalty in China, 37 Postgraduate Student Journal of Shandong University (2011), pp 71-77.
- Chinese Commercial Law and Its Reform----From the Approach Taked by Professor Berman, 1 Fayuan (2011), pp 16-27.
- On the Function of Enterprises in the Contemporary Social Security System of China----From the Perspective of Both Theory and Practice, The Second-class Prize of the National Contest for Postgraduate and Doctoral Students on Corporation Laws (2012).
- On the Legal Position of the Operator in the Third-party E-commerce Transaction: Based on the Study of Announcement No. 8  of the Ministry of Commerce--Service Norms for Third-party E-commerce Transaction, Zhang Haiyan ed., Law Review of Shandong University, Jinan, 2012, pp 110-124.
- On Public Benefit Trusts from the Perspective of Charity Law (Co-author with Chen Baojun), Liang Huixing ed., Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2012, pp 179-219.
- On the Protection of Consumers' Privacy in the Third Party Transaction Platform (29 Nov 2014 Postgraduate Conference of the Law School of Shandong University, China).
- Charity Trustees: the British Approach of Charity Governance, Liang Huixing ed., Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2015, pp 612-615.
- The Nature of the Property and the Dissolution of Civil Non-commercial Units (Co-author with Wang Liping, Li Ning, Gao Ke and Lin Shu), Zhan Chengfu and Liao Hong eds, Collections of the Research on Social Organisations in 2015, China Society Press, 2015, pp 1-27.
- Research on the Charitable Purposes in the UK Law, Liang Huixing ed., Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2015, forthcoming.
- Suwa Masaaki, General Principles on Obligation to Disclose, Liang Huixing ed., Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2010, pp 308-389.
- Nils Jansen, Reinhard Zimmermann, “A European Civil Code in All But Name”: Discussing the Nature and Purposes of the Draft Common Frame of Reference, Liang Huixing ed., Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2011, pp 255-276.
- Kanayama Naoki, On the Value and Project of PACL, Liang Huixing ed., Civil and Commercial Law Review, Beijing, 2011, pp 241-254.
- Japan’s Consumer Contract Law, Zhang Haiyan ed., Law Review of Shandong University, Jinan, 2011, pp 109-138.
Dejian Li, Comments on the Emerging Law on the Administration of Foreign NGOs in China: Based on Its Historical, Political, Social and Legal Contexts, 13(1) International Journal of Charity Sector Law 15, 15-40 (2015).
Move to Regulate Foreign NGOs in China (Co-author with Karla Simon)(28 Jan 2015 Alliance).
Editor of Law Review of Shandong University (2010-2012)
Volunteer in the International Center of Charity Sector Law (2015-now)