We work hard to make sure there is something for everyone in the social programme. As well as a catered welcome event to meet your new classmates, an evening meal, and city tour with a free drink in a local cafe/ bar, we offer trips including a one-day trip in each 3-week programme. Examples of these are:
- Coach trip to North Wales, which includes:
- Coach trip to the Lake District and Wordsworth's Grasmere, which includes:
With Student Assistants on hand to lead or make a suggestion for a trip, as well as look after your day to day wellbeing, you won't be short of things to do or people to help you out. Included in your fee you can expect activities such as:
- Film and pizza nights
- Team sporting activities
- Paddle boarding in the famous Albert Dock
- A tour of Anfield football stadium (home of Liverpool FC).
- A trip to the Beatles Story Museum.
- A visit the University's Botanic Gardens at Ness
- Beach trips and nature walks
- Picnics and games in our own Abercromby Square
ISS students will also have access to the social activities organised by the Halls Experience Team, designed for everyone living in University accommodation.
Of course, you are not limited to the activities organised by us. There is so much to see and do in Liverpool, you won't be bored during your time with us. Head to our City Life page for help on exploring the city or see what our students have discovered in and around the city.
I could choose many words to describe that experience but one is enough, "opportunity". Opportunity to enter in a world that could join education and enjoyment all the time. Opportunity to experience unforgettable new places, new people and a new culture. Today I work at British Council Brazil, I owe a good part of this success to the International Summer School.
Back to: International Summer School