China is a key country for the University of Liverpool's international engagement. We are joint owners of one of the largest TNE universities in China Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University, have one of the largest Chinese student populations in the UK and ahve active and innovative research relationships with some of China's top universities.
Our research collaborations in China
- Close partner of the University of Liverpool for more than 15 years
- Research collaborations in Chemistry, Electronics, Health, Law and Heritage
- Dual PhD agreement with the University of Liverpool
- Chair of the University Alliance of the Silk Road, of which the University is a founding member
- The University is involved in planning for XJTU’s new ‘Innovation Campus’, the largest new campus development in Asia, including plans to establish an XJTU/UoL joint Chemistry Laboratory in Xi’an.
- The University of Liverpool has a long established connection with West China Hospital with mobility agreements for Phd students and post doctoral researchers.
- The Chinese Academy of sciences is a network of over 100 research institutes and (currently) two universities. It is one of the leading natural science research organisations in the world
- The University of Liverpool has a strong research and education link with Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics around Chemistry and Energy research. There is a UoL/DICP dual PhD programme in Energy research, sponosred by BP
- The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) is the leading Chinese academic research body in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences
- The University of Liverpool is working closely with the CASS Institute of European Studies on UK-China trade relations post Brexit and implications for the UK of the ‘One Belt One Road’ Initiative