Initial point of contact for all administrative matters: Institute PGR Student Experience Administrator, Mrs Rachel Flynn or Miss Laura Hand
For academic-related matters: Institute Director of Postgraduate Research, Dr Meriel G Jones
IIB Handbook for PhD and MPhil Students - a guide to everyday life in the Institute
Key events for PhD and MPhil students
- Every month: Record Supervisory Meeting via Liverpool Life.
- Year 1: Three-month report completed within 3 months of registration by all full-time and part-time PhD and MPhil students. Independent Assessors appointed.
- Each Year: Annual meeting with Assessors to discuss progress of research towards the thesis. Discussion is around Three-month Report, Progress Report, Research or Thesis Plans. Further information in the IIB Handbook for PhD and MPhil Students;
- University Annual Progress Review in June;
- IIB PhD/MPhil student forum in May/June.
- Within registration end date: Submit 2 soft bound copies of thesis to the Foundation Building and email pdf of thesis to firstname.lastname@example.org. Viva voce examination will be held within 3 months.
- Graduation ceremonies: Attend July or December ceremony.
Key sources of information for PhD and MPhil students
Postgraduate student information from the University
For information about the administrative and organisational aspects of the PhD and MPhil degrees from registration to graduation. Also links to the authoritative institutional policies and rules for the University’s PhD and MPhil degrees.
Liverpool Doctoral College
New in 2015, to support the transition to postgraduate researcher, provide training and development for each individual student’s needs and to support the University’s doctoral community.
LDC Development Team
Source of Personal and Professional Development training for postgraduate research students.
IIB Intranet pages for PhD and MPhil students (login may be required) Information on endowment funding for travel, travel insurance, IIB PGR Committee including anonymous contact form.