Initial point of contact for all administrative matters: Institute PGR Student Experience Administrator, Mrs Rachel Flynn and colleagues
For academic-related matters: Institute Postgraduate Research Director Team
- Dr Dan Rigden: Director with overall responsibility for the PhD and MPhil programmes. He is a general point of contact, especially for issues not dealt with by either of the Deputies.
- Dr Igor Barsukov: Deputy 1 responsible for issues relating to recuritment, progression, training provisionsuspension/extension of studies and appointment of Examiners for the viva voce examination.
- Dr Natasha Savage: Deputy 2 responsible for PG student liaison. This includes responsibility for PGR events: induction, annual PGR forum, workshops such as about careers and about thesis; Year 1 and 3 talks by students. She is also the Institute Disability Departmental Contact (DDC)
IIB Handbook for PhD and MPhil Students - a guide to everyday life in the Institute
Key events for PhD and MPhil students
- Every month: Record Supervisory Meeting via Liverpool Life.
- Year 1: Three-month Project Plan and Development Needs Analysis completed within 3 months of registration by all full-time and part-time PhD and MPhil students. Independent Assessors appointed.
- Each year:
- April - complete Progress Report or Abstract & Thesis Plan
- May - hold Independent Progress Assessment Panel (IPAP) meeting
- June - complete University Annual Progress Review
- June/July - attend IIB PGR Student Forum
- Within registration end date: Submit 2 soft bound copies of thesis to the Foundation Building and email pdf of thesis to firstname.lastname@example.org. Viva voce examination will be held within 3 months.
- Graduation ceremonies: Attend July or December ceremony.
Key sources of information for PhD and MPhil students
Postgraduate student information from the University
For information about the administrative and organisational aspects of the PhD and MPhil degrees from registration to graduation. Also links to the authoritative institutional policies and rules for the University’s PhD and MPhil degrees.
Liverpool Doctoral College
LDC supports the transition to postgraduate researcher, provide training and development for each individual student’s needs and to support the University’s doctoral community.
LDC Development Team
Source of Personal and Professional Development training for postgraduate research students.
IIB Intranet pages for PhD and MPhil students (login may be required) Information on endowment funding for travel, travel insurance, IIB PGR Committee including anonymous contact form.