Brain Infections Group
The Specialist Neurological Infections Diseases Service consists of Inpatient and Outpatient Care, at the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
- General neurology clinics at the at both the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery (The Walton Centre) and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital (The Royal).
- Emergency ward referrals at the Royal.
- Inpatient care at the Walton Centre
- LBIG Guidance for Brain Biopsies for Central Nervous System Infections
With access to:
- Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy
- Speech Language Therapy
The Royal Liverpool University Hospital incorporates:
- The Regional Infectious Disease and Tropical Medicine Unit
- The Regional Renal Transplant Unit
- The Regional Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
In collaboration with the:
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM),
- The Department of Clinical Infection, Microbiology and Immunology (CIMI)
Referrals should be directly made to The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery.