Welcome Week 2019
Welcome to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
We welcome all of our new undergraduate and postgraduate students to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. We excel in cutting-edge research and offer a wide choice of study programmes informed by this research at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The University of Liverpool's Welcome Week 2019 (Freshers' Week) begins on Monday 16th September 2019, one week before the official start date of term. Induction activities and registration will take place within each department in the Faculty across the week. Please see the departmental links to your right for further information about induction activities and registration in your subject area. For those of you who will be combining two subjects, please visit the departmental pages for each area of study.
Registration for all students will take place during Welcome Week.
Your School will help you to complete the following steps:
- PC Registration - You will need to confirm your arrival by logging on to an on Campus PC. Please remember that you are not fully registered at the University until you have completed both Financial Registration and Academic Registration.
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) Collection (International Students Only) - Your BRP must be collected within 10 days of arriving in the UK; this will be either from a Post Office branch detailed in your decision letter or from the BRP distribution centre on Campus (please note that you must take your decision letter and passport with you when collecting your BRP). If you do not collect your BRP within 10 days of arrival in the UK, you may be subject to a financial penalty or cancellation of your leave. You will be unable to complete your registration or collect your student card until you have collected your BRP.
- Visa/ID Document Checks - (International Students Only) - You will need your original passport and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
- Academic Documentation - (International Students Only) - If you provided certified copies of your academic documentation you will have been asked to provide your original documents during registration. You will need to provide original copies of degree Certificates and Transcripts.
- Collect your student smart card - Please be aware that if you have not completed all the requirements of your registration as listed above (including acceptable immigration documentation for international students) you will not be issued with your student smart card.