World Mental Health Day Events 2018
The 10th October 2018 is World Mental Health Day. Here is a list of events taking place on or around this date. Got an event to add? let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Arts for Health and Wellness: a University of Liverpool World Mental Health Day event
The aim of this event is to allow attendees to have an optional "taste" of participation in creative arts (including music, reading and drama) and promote opportunities for engagement in a range of creative activities across the Merseyside region. As part of the event we will also be highlighting the University's research in relation to creative arts and mental health.
A number of arts organizations (Tate Liverpool, The Reader) and health partners (Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust, Vibe Music Therapy) are contributing to the delivery of activities on the day.
- 10th October
- Quaker Meeting House, L1 3BT
- Book: Visit the website
Student Mental Health Day Conference 2018
Join us for another annual Student Mental Health Conference. The event will include a range of talks with varying topics all with a focus on mental health. Charities advertising services and volunteering oppourtunities will be available for attendees to browse inbetween talks, discussion groups and seminars.
Organised by students from the University of Liverpool but open to all! Seminars and discussion groups require booking via additional eventbrite pages.
- 10 October
- Eleanor Rathbone Building
- Book: Eventbrite
Talk: Nigel Owens MBE
Nigel Owens is an experienced International Rugby Union Referee and the first out gay man to referee at the highest levels of the sport. We are very excited to welcome Nigel to the University where he will deliver a talk on diversity, wellbeing and mental health and his own personal journey.
- 23rd October
- Sherrington Building
- Book: Eventbrite
Training & Development for Students
Student can complete a number of online training and development modules this World Mental Health Day. Modules available in the Diversity & Equality Student VITAL site include:
- Introduction to Diversity & Equality
- Mental Health at Work
- Unconcious Bias
Log into VITAL and select Diversity & Equality Student (2018/19) module or search for HR037
Students can also access the SilverCloud cognitive behavioural therapy self-help modules. The goal of each module is for you to take the information and techniques learned - and to start applying them in your day-to-day life. The available courses are:
- Space from Anxiety,
- Space from Depression,
- Space from Stress,
- Space for Positive Body Image,
You can register/log in on the SilverCloud website.
Training & Development for Staff
Staff can complete a number of online training and development modules this World Mental Health Day. Modules available in the Academy Learning Zone include
- Mental Health at Work (20min)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2min),
- CBT & Mental Health: Anxiety & Panic Attacks (2min),
- CBT & Mental Health: Borderline Personality Disorder (4min),
- Bipolar Disorder (4min),
- Developing Resilience (5min),
- Managing Stress (30min).
- Health & Wellbeing: Letting things go,
- Health & Wellbeing: Relaxation Techniques,
- Health & Wellbeing: Work/Life Balance.
Register/Log in to the Academy Learning Zone.
Liverpool Mental Health Festival
- Wednesday 10th October: Liverpool Mental Health Festival Opening Night
- Thursday 11th October: Film Night at FACT
- Friday 12th October: Feel Good Friday at The Bluecoat
- Saturday 13th October: Articipation: A Wellbeing Forum for the Creative Industries
- Sunday 14th October: TranScripts Showcase
- Thursday 11th October – Monday 7th January: The Art of Falling Apart Exhibition