We encourage our students to develop their research skills and offer a wide range of modules allowing students to expolore varied perspectives on the past.
From Medieval reformation and vikings to slavery and Suffragettes - take a detailed look at our history modules:
Develop your knowledge of a particular area of historical research and enhance your research and writing skills, with our masters degrees.
- Archives MRes
- Archives and Records Management MARM
- Archives and Records Management (International Pathway) MARMI
- History MRes
- History: Cultural History MA
- History: Eighteenth-Century Worlds MA
- History: Medieval and Renaissance Studies MA
- History: Twentieth-Century History MA
- International Slavery Studies MA
We aim to help you become part of the next generation of leaders in your field of research, with outstanding intellectual skills and distinctive research agendas.
The UK 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF2014) placed us in the top quartile for History Departments for ‘world-leading’ research.