Liverpool Health Partners
Our vehicle for collaborative research
LHP is the limited company responsible for planning the services, research programmes and teaching activities carried out by the University with its NHS health partners. LHP formalises our activities with 7 local NHS Trusts, who play major roles in our teaching and research programmes, and the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine - who the University has had a long-standing collaboration with.
LHP was set-up to bring Liverpool’s academia and NHS closer together to deliver an integrated approach to developing research so that it can move from the bench to the bedside very quickly - enabling new developments to get into routine healthcare practice faster.
The Liverpool Health Partnership is one of a handful of Academic Health Science Systems (AHSSs) in the country designed to lead developments in the rapid translation of research into healthcare practice to improve patient care.
LHP brings together the best in research, healthcare and education from across Merseyside and Cheshire. The 9 Founding Partners of LHP are:
- University of Liverpool
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Aintree University Hospitals Foundation NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Clatterbridge Centre for Oncology NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Heart and Chest NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust