Liverpool City Region also exhibits some of the premier clinical and research experts in these fields.
To address the regional heart related health needs the Liverpool Centre for Cardiovascular Science (LCCS) has been formed as a strategic research collaboration among Liverpool Heart & Chest Hospital, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool Health Partners, and the University of Liverpool.
Professor Gregory Lip has relocated to the region as part of the new initiative to lead the development of LCCS into an internationally renowned research centre, that is relevant to local population needs and beyond. The LCCS is a virtual integrated academic NHS centre for the advancement of cardiovascular and stroke research.
The Centre’s objectives will be to:
- Build relationships with (public and commercial) stakeholder institutions
- Develop a cadre of research leaders and teams from all relevant disciplines
- Collaborate across the full spectrum of cardiovascular health & disease (public health, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation) and associated disciplines with high co-dependency (renal medicine, diabetes)
- Prioritise the development of applied research capable of rapid translation into clinical practice (bench to bedside) for the immediate benefit of patients and the public
- Harness the power of digital technology to track our progress with achieving our objectives and identify new research opportunities for the future