The University Halls of Accommodation are a safe and fun way to spend your time in Liverpool.
In the Study Abroad Village (Tudor Close and Melville Grove) you will live with other study abroad students as well as University of Liverpool home students who will study abroad this year or have just returned.
You can take a virtual tour of the University halls by using our Virtual Open Day tool.
- If you are staying for the full academic year, you are guaranteed a place in a University of Liverpool Halls of Residence. If you wish to take up your place, apply via Liverpool Life. We encourage students to apply for a place in the Study Abroad Village in order to be part of that community throughout the year.
- If you are staying for Semester 1 only, you can apply for one of the rooms available in the Study Abroad Village (Tudor Close & Melville Grove). You should apply as early as you are able to secure your place.
How do I apply for accommodation?
After you formally accept your offer to study with us you will be able to apply for University Accommodation via the Accommodation Portal, accessed through your Liverpool Life account.
You will need your University of Liverpool PIN to login to Liverpool Life; this is sent to you centrally from the University via email.
After receiving an Accommodation offer you must accept or decline within 7 days.
- If you have other arrangements please decline the accommodation offer.
- At the end of your stay, the security deposit will be refunded to the same bank account you used to pay after the room has been inspected.
- You are not permitted to bring your own bedding. You can pre-order pillows and bedding at the halls or buy from the many shops in Liverpool
- Consult with the Accommodation team to find out when you can check in. If arriving before check in, you may need to book overnight accommodation elsewhere.
Private Sector Accommodation
Some students choose to arrange their own accommodation in Liverpool. The University is not able to recommend individual agencies.
You should ensure that your accommodation is:
- Registered with Liverpool Student Homes or
- Registered with the Liverpool City Council scheme CLASS.
Make sure to read all documentation carefully before agreeing to your contract and we recommend viewing a potential room before you sign.