These additions include the cast iron veranda which can be seen in the photo above. The cast iron veranda is believed to be attributed to the Coalbrookdale Works as Hannah Rathbone’s father was one of the founding directors. The red sandstone western extension was added around 1868, with the conservatory added in 1869. The house was also used as a bar and function room in the 1980’s, decorative changed can be seen from this period.
Assisted by Conservationists, Greenbank House is in the process of being renovated to bring it back to its former glory. Once completed, the house will accommodate teaching facilities.