Health and Safety
For estates related Health and Safety requests (for example dry riser testing, discharged fire extinguisher) please contact Helpdesk on 0151 793 0000 or email@example.com.
The Director of FRCS is responsible for providing and maintaining assets that are "fit for purpose" and conform to legal requirements.
Health and safety responsibilities include:
- Implementing effective operational safety policies
- Ensuring management of assets and systems complies with health and safety requirements
- Validating proposed changes to assets, operating practices or modifications to maintenance regimes
- Ensuring health and safety requirements are met for all contracts and projects
- Planning safe access and egress
- Assuring appointed contractors have management systems for effective control of health and safety
The FRCS Health and Safety Manager is accountable for providing competent safety, quality and environmental advice to the Department.
Health and Safety responsibilities include:
- Overseeing FRCS health and safety regimes and the performance of contractors
- Developing and directing safety, quality and loss prevention strategies and systems to support safety objectives and obligations
- Providing support to line managers in implementation, ensuring compliance with legislation and continuously improving performance of these areas
- Advising the Department on compliance issues; ensuring health and safety strategy advisory, analysis and auditing service
- Defining and directing development of strategic health and safety implementation and application of health and safety environmental policies
- Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of management systems
The Health and Safety manager also acts as the Departmental Safety Coordinator for the Estates Management Department.