Working with Business
Share our expertise
Within the School of Environmental Sciences we have an extensive pool of expertise to share with your organisation, to create new opportunities that support your strategic objectives and help achieve your ambitions.
Here are some of the services we provide:
- SME innovation support, primarily focussed on growth and new markets
- Consultancy, including expert witness services, technical reports, analytical services and environmental surveys
- Geological and marine spatial planning services for the oil & gas industry
- Policy research and advisory services to Government
- Continuous professional development programmes
- Advice for programme and film makers on environmental science issues
The Low Carbon Eco-Innovatory (LCEI)
The Low Carbon Eco-Innovatory (LCEI) is a £5.4M project which partners University of Liverpool with Liverpool John Moores University and Lancaster University. Our aim is to create innovative low carbon goods, processes and services, developed through collaborative partnerships between local companies in the Liverpool City Region.
Our aim is to work with local SMEs on an individual basis in order to identify opportunities for low carbon development which will ultimately bring about economic and environmental benefits for businesses and the community. Eco-innovations can be developed in any sector and as such LCEI spans a wide variety of disciplines including Environmental Science, Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Management, Biology.
We seek to build relationships with SMEs and deliver tangible benefits via collaborative approaches to encourage businesses to maintain a broader, long-term relationship with the city region’s research base. Our support can result in a wide range of benefits:
- Increased Profitability
- Competitive Advantage
- Additional Knowledge
- Access to Resources and Facilities
- Access to Funding
To achieve this we offer a range of projects, depending on your business and research needs;
- 3 year and 1 year research projects with a full-time researcher
- 3-6 month supervised projects
- 1 month internships
Dr Matt Fulton, Director of LCEI, summarises the support offered to SMEs in the region through the different programmes:
Low carbon technology projects led by our dedicated team of researchers.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org