I work experimental volcanology and geothermal energy, and I am an avid field geologist. I'm currently based at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Germany), but I am also a former Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, and now Honorary Research Associate at the University of Liverpool.
My areas of research include: the frictional properties of volcanic rocks and magma; explosive-effisive transitions; complex magma rheology; the geomagnetic properties of volcanic fault rocks; fluid-rock interactions; evolution of rock and magma permeability during deformation; the seismic signals of magma and rock failure and slip; dynamics of sintering systems; rock and magma fracture and healing etc.
Prizes or Honours
- Outstanding Young Scientist, GMPV Division (EGU, 2016)
- Anglo-Japanese Collaborative Award (Daiwa Foundation, 2016)
- Registration Grant for IUGG in Prague, Czech Republic (IUGG, 2015)
- Registration Grant for IAVCEI in Kagoshima, Japan (IAVCEI, 2013)
- Travel Grant Award for Goldschmidt in Montreal, Canada (Goldschmidt, 2012)
- Registration Grant for CoV7 in Colima, Mexico (Cities on Volcanoes 7, 2012)
- Teaching Assistantship (DAAD, 2012)