Jakub Bijak, University of Southampton [Population & Spatial Analysis] - Migration, demography and Bayesian statistics
Date: 25 Apr 2017
Start time: 12:00
End time: 13:00
Location: Lecture Theatre 1
Gordon Stephenson Building
74 Bedford Street South, Liverpool, UK, L69 7ZQ
- Students in host dept/school/institute/centre
- Staff in host dept/school/institute/centre
- Students from same Faculty as host dept/school/institute/centre
- Staff from same Faculty as host dept/school/institute/centre
- Students within this Faculty
- Staff within this Faculty
- Specific UOL Students (for details see 'Suitable For')
- Specific UOL Staff (for details see 'Suitable For')
- Any UOL students
- Any UOL staff
- Students from other HEIs
- Staff from other HEIs/research institutions
- Any potential undergraduate students
- Any potential postgraduate students
- Any potential international students
- University of Liverpool Alumni
- General Public
About the event
Jakub’s research interest focuses on the applications of quantitative methods in demography, especially in migration and population forecasting, agent-based population modelling, demography of conflict and violence and international migration studies, as well as on research on population ageing, mortality, links between population and the environment and demographic uncertainty. In particular, I am interested in the methods of mathematical statistics, especially in the Bayesian approach, including econometric modelling, stochastic processes and decision-making under uncertainty.
When you click on "Add this event to my calendar" your browser will download an ics file.
Microsoft Outlook: Download the file, then you may be able to click on "Save & Close" to save it to your calendar. If that doesn't work go into Outlook, click on the File tab, then on Open, then Import. Select "Import an iCalendar (.ic or vCalendar file (.vcs)" then click on Next. Find the .ics file and click on OK.
Google Calendar: download the file, then go into your calendar. On the right where it says "Other calendars" click on the arrow icon and then click on Import calendar. Click on Browse and select the .ics file, then click on Import.
Apple Calendar: download the file, then you can either drag it to Calendar or import the file by going to File > Import > Import and choosing the .ics file.