As an academic I feel privileged to have the opportunity to work on interesting research problems and to teach students developing their own interests in engineering. The Faculty of Science and Engineering provides many outstanding opportunities for students and staff, and in my role as Pro Vice Chancellor I am working with a dedicated team of colleagues to realise these opportunities, and to create some new ones. If you are interested in learning more about our ambitious plans, as a prospective undergraduate, postgraduate, researcher, member of staff or research collaborator, then I would be very happy to hear from you.
- Goldstein Lecture (Invitation to Speak, Royal Aeronautical Society 2008)
- Invited Lecture (Invitation to Speak, Prof J.Ballmann 2007)
- Keynote Lecture (Keynote Speech, Nanyang Technical University 2007)
- HPC Europa (Invitation to Speak, Stuttgart Computing Centre 2005)
- Principle Investigator and Co-ordinator of UK Applied Aerodynamics Consortium
- co-founder and member of scientific committee of Symposium on Integration of CFD and Experiments (Glasgow, 2003; RMCS, 2005; Colorado, 2007)