Centre for Engineering Dynamics
The Centre for Engineering Dynamics has world-leading expertise in both experimentation and simulation in; Aerodynamics; Computational Fluid Dynamics including aero-elasticity; Dynamical Systems including control, vibration testing and model updating; Flight Dynamics and Simulation; Fluid Dynamics including non-Newtonian fluid dynamics and rheology; Nonlinear Dynamics and Thermodynamics.
We bring together strong fundamental research capabilities with an extensive applied engineering programme. Much of this cutting edge work is undertaken in partnership with major industry names.
Typical fields in which we're helping to shape the world include:-
- Nonlinear Active Vibration Suppression in Aeroelasticity
- Nonlinear Flexibility Effects on Flight Dynamics and Control of Next-Generation Aircraft
- Performance of tidal stream energy devices
- Vibration Mitigation
The Centre has a vibrant, supportive research community and operates a number of internationally-renowned research laboratories and centres:-
- AgustaWestland Liverpool Advanced Rotorcraft Centre
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- Dynamics and Control Laboratory
- Flight Simulator Laboratory
- Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Virtual Engineering Centre