Vibration and Control MPhil/PhD
Major code: EGPR/EGMR
There are separate application forms for postgraduate research and taught programmes. For both, the easiest way to make an application is to apply online.
If you are unable to apply online, you can apply by:
- Downloading a copy of the Research application pack and returning it to us by post or e-mail
- Completing a hard copy of the Postgraduate Application form, available from:
Student Recruitment and Admissions Office
The University of Liverpool
L69 7ZX UK
T: +44 (0)151 794 5927 F: +44 (0)151 794 2060
If you complete a hard copy of the Research application pack, you will need to know the Programme and Major codes for the programme of study you wish to undertake, in order to complete Section 2. The Programme and Major codes can be found at the top of the Phd webpage.
In addition to the information required on the application form, you will need to send copies of the following documents to the Postgraduate Admissions team with your application:
- School or college transcripts/certificates University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English Language proficiency (EU and international applicants only)
- Personal statement
- Two references
- Proof of funding Research proposal (forMPhil/PhD applicants only).
NB: We would advise that photocopies and scanned documents are acceptable at application stage. However, originals may be required should your application be successful.
Students applying for research degrees (MPhil/PhD/MD) should in addition, follow these steps:
- Check the School’s research webpages to see if we can offer expert supervision in your chosen area of specialisation.
- Prepare a brief research proposal to outline the research project you would like to undertake.
- Submit a full application with all supporting documents, including a clear statement on how you intend to fund your research degree.
Acknowledgement of your application
The Postgraduate Admissions Team will acknowledge receipt of your application and will pass it to the appropriate academic department(s) for consideration.
Students with disabilities
We welcome applications from students with disabilities and consider them on the same academic grounds as those of other students. If you have a disability, medical condition and/or support needs it is important that you inform the University so that you receive appropriate support. To discuss your situation or to obtain a copy of the University’s booklet, “A guide to support and services for students with disabilities,” please contact a member of the Disability Support Team on T:+44 (0)151 794 4714 / 6676 or at email@example.com.
Please note, it is a mandatory requirement for some postgraduate applicants, who need Entry Clearance to study in the UK, to have an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate. It is your responsibility to check if this scheme applies to you. See our ATAS page for more information.
In some countries the University works with local representatives who can provide more information and help you with the application process. For further details, please visit our International pages.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.