28 March 2018
- The School of Engineering will be participating in Wellbeing Week, organising a drop-in Lego workshop from 1-3pm on 2ndMay in the Active Learning Labs.
- A seminar on “Mental Health and Wellbeing in the work place” will take place on Wednesday the 11th of April 2018, 2pm, Mason Bibby Common Room, Harrison Hughes Building, School of Engineering. This seminar will be given by Steve Flatt, a psychologist, solution focused practitioner and psychotherapist who previously worked as a motor engineer.
- The Athena SWAN committee are working on a factsheet explaining the family-friendly policies available to staff in the department. This factsheet will bring together all the necessary information in one place, useful for both current and prospective staff.
29 January 2018
- The School of Engineering is pleased to announce that it was awarded the Athena SWAN Bronze Award in 2017. The School will be building on the application experience and the Action Plan to continue promoting Equality and Diversity throughout all areas of the department.
- As part of this process, the Athena SWAN sub-committee are working on improving the induction process for staff at all levels, including postgraduate students.
- The team are also investigating setting up a mentoring scheme for post-graduate students, and promoting the schemes already in place for both professional services and academic staff.
- New posters have been going up around the school, promoting the different activities taking place. An Athena SWAN poster will be coming soon…