The School and the Faculty of Science and Engineering is committed to giving young people the opportunity to experience STEM subjects in a Univeristy environment. Researchers, academic staff and students deliver a wide range of hands-on and interactive STEM activities for various ages:
- Programming robots - Visit our central teaching labs on campus to learn about how to program autonomous robots to solve tasks such as obstacle avoidance.
- Online activities
For years 12 - 13:
- Headstart 'robotics and autonomous systems' summer school - A week-long residential school in early July each year.
- STEM masterclasses
- We offer hands-on activities for primary and secondary schools on a wide range of computing subjects like; Robots, Artificial Intelligence, Programming, Cryptography and Logic.
- Each year we also invite several secondary schools to our Department to take part in our computing taster days.
- For more information contact: Sebastian Wild, CS Outreach Coordinator.
- Check our dedicated website (https://outreach.csc.liv.ac.uk/) and follow us on Twitter for updates - @Liv_CS_Outreach
We offer a range of themed activities suitable for Yr 12 students. Themes include but are not limited to communications, power electronics and sensors.
Each year we run a number of events such as:
For years 6 and 7:
- Taster days on campus
- Snap circuits