What can we do for Schools?
We have strong links with some local schools and we are excited to develop and build on these. This serves many purposes including outreach to the local community, raising awareness of electrical engineering at key points in the curriculum, helping schools provide careers advice, recruit into sixth form and signpost future pathways to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks, and retaining and recruiting local talent in the city of Liverpool.
Currently, we offer:
Primary School Outreach
- We participate in primary school age events (including the Ellesmere Port STEAM Festival) and can also visit your school directly.
- In partnership with teachers, we offer activities which are safe yet exciting for younger children to learn about electrical circuits, such as ‘snap circuits’. To find out more, contact Dr Kirsty McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Dr Daniel McGuiness (email@example.com )
Secondary Schools Outreach Talks
- Talks can be tailored to your needs and can be either in-person or virtual.
- Visits do not have to feature a talk; for example, our staff sometimes attend Sixth Form open evenings or Careers Fairs as a presence from a local University.
- For further information or to set up a visit, please contact Dr Ian Sandall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Dave McIntosh (D.G.Mcintosh@liverpool.ac.uk) .
- View a summary of the talks offered here - EEE outreach talks summary
Taster Days for Year 10 and Year 12
- In Spring 2022 we will be holding a series of Taster Days designed for Year 10 and Year 12 students. These include the opportunity to visit the EEE Department, participate in a competition-style supervised experimental challenge using skills important for electrical circuits, and hear a talk from one of our Admissions Tutors.
- More details will be posted here closer to the time. If you would like to express interest, please contact Dr Dave McIntosh.
In 2022 we will be participating in Open Days aimed at Year 12 students browsing for 2023 entry – watch this space for more information!
Contact Dr Dave McIntosh to express interest or find out more.