Dr Shelly Kemp
Senior Academic Developer
0151 795 4146
As a Senior Academic Developer in Academic Development and a member of The Academy, my role is to contribute to the University achieving its strategic objectives by supporting the effective teaching development of staff, so that staff can contribute fully to the success of the University through excellent teaching and assessment.
My portfolio responsibilities include:
- Lead for assessment within all aspects of Academy provision – supporting the development of best practice in assessment across the University
- Teaching and assessing on our taught route to Fellowship (through the PG Certificate in Academic Practice, accredited by Advance HE)
- Leading and delivering programmes for those new to teaching in HE (including the Foundations in Learning and Teaching in HE – an accredited route to Associate Fellowship)
- Faculty link for Health and Life Sciences, and supporting teaching enhancement opportunities emerging from Project Shape and work with particular disciplines (e.g. clinicians)
- Developing our Academic Development provision to support and enthuse teaching enhancement across the University through a variety of means, including creation of online development opportunities and resources
- Supporting my colleagues in Academic Development to deliver opportunities for teaching enhancement through running CPD sessions, supporting networks and non-taught routes to fellowship (ULTRA).