Our research is both theoretical and applied in nature and we collaborate widely with the academic community and industrial partners worldwide.
We are world experts in the following fields:-
- Prediction of optimum reservoir quality deep in sedimentary basins through a unique level of understanding of diagenetic processes in modern sediments and ancient sedimentary rocks.
- Prediction of gas geochemistry, and especially toxic and environmentally damaging hydrogen sulphide, in oil and gas accumulations.
- Prediction of the geochemical and geomechanical properties of low permeability sedimentary rocks that form seals to both oil and gas fields and carbon storage sites.
- Quantification of past environmental change in response to atmospheric and oceanic forcing, and
- Reconstructing palaeoenvironments over human timescales including those of our earliest ancestors.
- Assessment of reservoir quality, in both clastic and carbonate hydrocarbon reservoirs
- Assessment of cap-rock and unconventional hydrocarbon systems properties, both mechanical and geochemical
- Monitoring and management of water resources at Earth’s surface and at depth
- Detailed identification of geological materials, combining various advanced analytical techniques