Please test the next academic year's proposed Teaching Centre configuration
01 July 2019
Computing Services requests all University members who make any use at all of Teaching Centres - whether regular or occasional - to verify that their applications work as expected with the next academic year's proposed configuration.
The test centre is HCC4, room F27 in Harold Cohen Library, building 431 on the campus map.
This test centre will be available for testing throughout July.
If you don't test your applications now, you may be standing in front of a class when you discover that they don't work.
- This includes lecturers' applications and applications installed by running "Install University Applications".
- Please test even if you only use a browser. Changes to Windows and the browser itself may affect your applications.
- Please test even if they haven't changed. Changes to other applications may affect yours.
- Verify that your screenshots are still accurate.
View http://mwsstats.liv.ac.uk/tc/apptest.php before you go to the test centre. Here you will find:
- Directions to HCC4
- How to test
- Reported issues
- Microsoft Office will change from 2016 to 2019.
- The Windows 10 build will change from Anniversary Update to October 2018 Release.
- Java will change from Oracle to OpenJDK. This is a major change.
Please report all problems to:
Computing Services Department