DatAnywhere can be used through a web portal or through a standalone application (client) for your computer, mobile or tablet. This page provides information about how to access DatAnywhere using a PC or laptop running Windows 7, 8 or 10.
The DatAnywhere client for Windows will allow you to access your files in the workspaces available to you. Workspaces are used to select and organise the files and folders which can be synchronised across all of your devices and shared with other people. Your M drive is already set up as a workspace and will be visible when you log in.
- To download the Windows client log in to the web portal at https://datanywhere.liverpool.ac.uk using your MWS username, in the form email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), and password
- In the top right hand corner, click on the arrow next to your name and from the menu options select Install client
- Choose the Windows client and click on the green Download button
- Once the file has downloaded, double click it to install the application (agree to the licence terms when prompted)
- After the application has been installed open it and log in using your MWS username, in the form email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), and password
- Click on the Automatically detect server link
- Click the Login button to continue
- In the Settings menu, under Synced Workspaces, ensure that your M-Drive is selected by checking the box on the left hand side
- Under Preferences, the Show desktop notifications option is unchecked by default: if you check this box, you will receive large numbers of pop-up notifications each time a file is synced between your M Drive and DatAnywhere. It is advisable to leave this option unchecked
- Click the OK button to continue - this will create a local folder on your computer which will synchronise with your M Drive. The default location for this folder is C:\Users\your-username\DatAnywhere
- Any changes made in this folder will be mirrored in/copied to your network M Drive. Synchronisation begins within a few minutes of the box being checked
- Navigate to the DatAnywhere folder on your computer using "My Computer" or Windows Explorer
- Right click on the file/folder you wish to share and, from the menu options, select DatAnywhere > Send External Link
- A browser window will launch and you will be prompted to enter some details in a Send Link to External User form
Download Link will share the folder or file via the Internet with the recipient
Upload Link will enable the recipient to upload files via the Internet to the designated folder
Apply to subfolders, in both cases, will extend access to aany subfolders of the designated folder, to the recipient
Public will make a link to the file/folder available to anyone with the address (URL)
Private will impose a security restriction requiring that the recipient provides a PIN to access the file/folder: the PIN is sent to the recipient via email
Specify when the link will expire - after this date, the file/folder will no longer be accessible to the recipient
Supply the email address(es) of the recipient(s) with whom you wish to collaborate
- Once you have completed the Send Link to External User form, click on the Send button
- The recipient will receive an email containing a link and - if you have specified that the Link Mode is Private - a PIN (under separate cover) to access that link
- The recipient should click on Open the shared link and, if a PIN is required, input the PIN received via email as prompted
- The recipient(s) are able to download files by clicking the file names and, if permitted, upload to the designated location by clicking the Upload button
IMPORTANT: avoid deleting data from a synchronised folder
If you highlight a top level folder (such as your username, or M-Drive) and attempt to delete all files/folders in that location you will be prompted with a message:
Delete from Server
Are you sure you want to permanently delete the selected items from the server?
If you answer Yes then all of the files will be deleted from your network M Drive and will be lost.
Instead, if you no longer wish to synchronise a folder on your computer with DatAnywhere, right click on the DatAnywhere icon in the system tray and select Exit from the menu options: once DatAnywhere has closed, you may delete local files/folders without affecting your network M Drive