Energy and Sustainability CPD
Energy is essential in almost every aspect of our lives and for the success of our economy. The efficient generation, storage and supply of energy plays a major part in tackling these challenges.
The University of Liverpool is focused on the development of innovative technologies and providing solutions to ensure the generation and supply of secure, clean and affordable energy.
Our Energy and Sustainability CPD programme addresses many of these challenges, and draws on the world-class research and expertise we have in the areas of physical, environmental and social science, and in electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
The University’s cutting-edge energy and sustainability capabilities include:
- Renewable energy (fuel cells, photosynthesis and biofuels, photovoltaics, photocatalysis, tidal energy and wind power
- Nuclear energy
- Power equipment and plant control
- Carbon capture and storage ('energy/gas storage', carbon capture and storage, batteries and supercapacitors)
- Political and legal dimensions of energy security (politics and media coverage and policies and politics)
- Mitigation of oil and energy depletion
- Living in a sustainable built environment.