This means that, where possible, you should remain in your current accommodation. It is, of course, essential that those who are self-isolating continue to do so.
If you are living in our accommodation, our halls induction gives you details about safety as well as help you to settle into your new home.
If you are living in private sector accommodation, there are some simple steps you can take to keep your home and housemates as safe as possible:
- Clean your home regularly with anti-bacterial cleaning products to minimise the risk of infection
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds using soap and water
- Use hand sanitiser regularly
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- If you have symptoms, try and stay as far away from other members of your household as possible
- Discuss house rules early on – things are likely to run more smoothly if you have a shared attitude to COVID safety and are comfortable with each other’s behaviour.
If you haven’t moved in yet, make sure you communicate about moving in with your new landlord before arriving to collect the keys.
Further information on what to expect from your new landlord and other general housing advice can be found on the Liverpool Student Homes webpages.
Back to: Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety