- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds using soap and water
- Clean your home regularly with anti-bacterial cleaning products to minimise the risk of infection
- Use hand sanitiser regularly
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- If you have symptoms, try and stay as far away from other members of your household as possible. You can find more information about self-isolating via the Accommodation Team’s webpages
- Discuss house rules– things are likely to run more smoothly if you have a shared attitude to COVID safety and are comfortable with each other’s behaviour
- Social distancing whenever you are not in your flat or with your household
- If you have a lift in your building, try to keep use to one person/household at a time.
Living in Halls?
- Only four students should use the laundry room at any one time. Please leave the room during your laundry cycle and come back to collect your items once finished
- Your washing should be prepared in your bedroom
- Do not shake your clothing in the laundry area
- The circuit app can be downloaded to check the availability of machines before you head to the laundrette
- Please ensure that you use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the laundry area. There will be wipes available to wipe down machines before/after use.
- Wear a face mask when collecting post and parcels from the reception area
- Collect your post alone rather than with friends
- Where possible, for non-essential deliveries, please try to use alternative delivery options, such as Amazon lockers.
If you’re living in halls, you can find more COVID-19 guidance via the Accommodation Team’s ‘Life in Halls’ page.
Back to: Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety