Things might look a little different, but all the measures which have been introduced are for your safety and that of our University community. We all have a responsibility to make everybody on campus feel safe and welcome.
We have introduced:
- A hybrid teaching and learning model
- Social distancing markers
- Socially distant study space
- A teaching schedule that reduces the volume of students moving around the campus at any one-time
- One-way walking routes
- Increased hygiene and cleaning regimes
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Free COVID-19 testing for staff and students (with results within 24 hours)
- Two free, washable face coverings for every student and staff member
- Contactless payments – to buy food and drink, use the sports centre, pay for car parking and printing
- Arrangements for University Halls of Residence with measures to enable social distancing, a phased and contactless arrivals process, automatic gates and doors, and ‘quarantine’ support for overseas students
- All buildings assessed and marked as COVID-secure to show that they adhere to national public health guidance
- All buildings where practical are operating with enhanced ventilation measures including window airing and ventilations systems switched to 100% outdoor air.
Most of our buildings are open, including libraries, the sports centre, the Guild of Students and selected outlets to buy food and drink. You can use all outdoor spaces on campus.
Back to: Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety