Things might look a little different, but all the measures which have been introduced are for your safety and that of our University community. We all have a responsibility to make everybody on campus feel safe and welcome.
We have introduced:
- A hybrid teaching and learning model (see the latest update on teaching, including which courses will continue with face-to-face teaching during the 'lockdown' in England)
- Social distancing markers
- Socially distant study space
- A teaching schedule that reduces the volume of students moving around the campus at any one-time
- One-way walking routes
- Increased hygiene and cleaning regimes
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Free COVID-19 testing for staff and students with symptoms (with results within 24 hours)
- Free COVID-19 asymptomatic testing for staff and students (with results within 1 hour)
- Two free, washable face coverings for every student and staff member
- Contactless payments – to buy food and drink, use the sports centre, pay for car parking and printing
- Arrangements for University Halls of Residence with measures to enable social distancing, automatic gates and doors, and ‘quarantine’ support for overseas students
- All buildings assessed and marked as COVID-secure to show that they adhere to national public health guidance
- All buildings where practical are operating with enhanced ventilation measures including window airing and ventilations systems switched to 100% outdoor air.
In line with the current national lockdown restrictions in England, we have had to make some changes to our on-campus services and facilities. Many of our services are available online for those currently studying remotely. Please remember, as guidelines change we will continue to assess our services and may make further updates. Full details will be available on each service webpage.
Back to: Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety