Our continuing priority is the safety and health of our students and staff and it is in this context that we have implemented a COVID Management Strategy that is deliberately cautious and which goes further than the minimum expectations conveyed in current, Government guidance. These measures will be kept under regular review and you will be informed promptly of any changes.
Things might look a little different whilst we prioritise our space to balance the interactive and social opportunities which make the Liverpool experience unique, with the safety of our university community.
Remember that we all have a part to play to make sure everybody on campus feels safe and welcome.
We have introduced:
- A blended learning model giving all students regular in-person learning and access to campus in a safe way
- Social distancing markers
- Face covering policy for indoor campus spaces (except for those with medical exemption)
- Safety signage around campus
- Bookable study spaces alongside available walk-in space
- Increased hygiene and cleaning regimes
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Free Covid-19 testing for staff and students with symptoms (with results within 24 hours)
- Free PCR Covid-19 testing for staff and students who are close contacts of someone who has Covid-19
- Free Covid-19 asymptomatic testing for staff and students (with results within 1 hour)
- Contactless payments – to buy food and drink, use the sports centre, pay for car parking and printing
- Quarantine and isolation support
- Regular assessment of all University buildings to ensure they adhere to national public health guidance
- All buildings where practical are operating with enhanced ventilation measures including window airing and ventilations systems switched to 100% outdoor air.
Back to: Campus safety