We are not able to offer testing to members of the general public or anybody who is not part of our university community.
Booking a test
In line with NHS and National Institute for Health Protection priorities, this test is not available for those who do not have symptoms of COVID-19 or who are not taking part in the ‘Test to Release’ scheme.
If you do not have symptoms and do not qualify for ‘Test to Release’ but wish to access a test, you will need to access the University’s no symptoms test.
Monday – Friday
- 11am – 1pm PCR testing for international arrivals on Test to Release programme
- 1pm – 3pm PCR testing for symptomatic staff and students
The tests will be conducted using self-swabbing supported by Student Health staff who will provide information and guidance on site.
You will need your staff or student ID number handy in the booking process (you can find this on your staff or student card).
If you have difficulties booking a test online because of a disability, you can book a test by calling 0151 795 1000.
How to find the test centre
You will find the COVID test centre opposite building 502 next to the Peach Street car park, see grid E6 on the campus map (PDF).
Receiving your test results
Test results are being processed by Liverpool Clinical Laboratories and will be available by text message within 24 hours.
It is important to note that your test results can only be sent to a UK mobile phone number.
If you do not have one and would like to get tested please contact our COVID guidance and travel plans helpline by calling 0151 795 9500. A member of our team will complete the booking form on your behalf and will confirm your results to you via email within two days of the test.
Your test results will also automatically feed through to your GP and the National Institute for Health Protection (NIHP).
If you are a student, it is important that you register with a GP in Liverpool. You can choose to register with any local GP near to your term-time address including the Student Health Centre, run by Brownlow Health, which is based on the University campus.
Testing During Quarantine and the Test to Release Scheme
Everyone allowed to enter England from outside the Common Travel Area must:
- quarantine for 10 days
- Book and pay for a travel test package to take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on day 2 and day 8 of quarantining (at a cost of £210)
- follow the national lockdown rules
Find out more about the Test to Release scheme and how to book a test here.
Recording contact with others if you test positive
Try to make a list of everyone you have been in close contact within the 48 hours before your symptoms started. This will be really important for containing the spread of the virus if you test positive.
A contact is defined as:
- A person who has been coughed on within one metre by someone else
- A person who has had skin-to-skin physical contact with someone else
- A person who has had face-to-face contact with someone less than one metre away (this will include times where you have worn a face covering or a face mask)
- A person who has been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact or added up together over one day)
- A person who has travelled in a car or other small vehicle with someone (even on a short journey) or been close to them on a plane.
Further help and advice
If you have any other queries about the on-campus COVID-19 test centre or are struggling to book a test for any other reason please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the COVID Advisory Service on 0151 795 9500.
Back to: Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety