I have worked on the development of Communication and Media and related undergraduate and Masters programmes in numerous universities in the UK as well as in Turkey and China.
I have worked as an international advisor on programmes in Malaysia and for the CAA, United Arab Emirates.
- Critical Studies in Television (Issue Editor (Joint))
- International Journal of Humanities and Arts Computing (Peer review, 2014 - present)
- Necsus: European Journal of Media Studies (Peer review , 2013 - present)
- Screen (Peer review, 2010 - present)
- Journal of Advanced Nursing (Peer review, 2010 - present)
- Feminist Media Studies (Peer review, 2008 - present)
- Critical Studies in Television (Corresponding Editor, 2005 - present)
- Journal of British Cinema and Television (Peer review, 2005 - present)
- Media, Culture and Society (Peer review , 1995 - present)
- King's College (University of London), PhD (2013)
- University of Manchester, UK, MA (PGT, 2011)
- University of Glasgow, MPhil (2003)
Organisations I have been associated with
- National Institutes of Health (2013 - 2014)
Professional Body Memberships
- Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (Member)
- Network for European Cinema Studies (Member, 2010 - present)
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (College Member, 2008 - 2012)
- Women's Studies Network UK (Member, 1989 - 2011)
Other Administrative or Committee Roles
- RKE lead; link tutor for international programmes.