Catalysis Fundamentals and Practice Summer School 18-22 July 2022
CATALYSIS FUNDAMENTALS AND PRACTICE SUMMER SCHOOL
18 – 22 July 2022, Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool, UK
The Summer School will:
- Provide an introduction to the fundamental aspects of catalysis
- Broaden and update the knowledge base in catalysis.
- Describe some of the frontier developments occurring in catalysis today.
- A forum for discussion and the formation of new professional contacts.
Provisional Topics include
- Principles of Homogeneous Catalysis
Mimi Hii (Imperial)
- Principles of Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Fundamentals of Catalytic Reaction Engineering
- Discovery: Cooperative Catalysis
Wass (Cardiff), Cole-Hamilton (St Andrews)
- Sustainable Chemical Transformation
- Catalysis in Bio-Technology
Liese (TU Hamburg), Turner (Manchester)
- Computational chemistry in catalysis
Catlow (UCL) Buel (St Andrews)
- High Throughput Experimentation in Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Catalyst deactivation
Birtill (Highcliffe Catalysis & Glasgow University)
- Operando studies of catalytic reactions: pitfalls and benefits
Draft Programme Summer School in Catalysis 2022
REDUCED REGISTRATION FEE FOR PHD STUDENTS
Applications must be received before 31st May 2022
Contact: Dr. J. Iggo, Dept of Chemistry, University of Liverpool. e-mail email@example.com
To register and pay visit our online store.
IChemE Andrew’s Legacy bursaries are available for students with projects in chemical engineering.
RSC SURCAT bursaries are available for PhD students with projects in catalysis.
Complete and submit an RSC SURCAT Bursary Application Form