The ‘Preparing and planning a draft personal statement’ online tutorial will prepare you for writing a personal statement by showing you how to:
- conduct research by identifying and applying relevant information from university websites.
- organise your personal statement by analysing some examples.
- edit and proof-read to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
By completing the online tutorial and an associated workbook you will have created a draft personal statement for postgraduate study. If you would like, you can then access a face-to-face appointment in the English Language Centre to get feedback and advice on your personal statement.
Before accessing the online tutorial, we recommend you watch this ‘How to write a personal statement for postgraduate study’ video. This video covers the three important questions that you should consider when writing your personal statement:
- What should I do before I start writing?
- How should I structure my personal statement?
- What should I include in my personal statement?
Blessing, a PhD student in the Management School and a Career Coach, tells us 3 top tips for writing and submitting a postgraduate personal statement.
- More video and written resources that will support your progression to postgraduate study are available on Handshake here.
Back to: Careers and Employability