The Government Kickstart Scheme
We are proud to support the Government Kickstart Scheme.
As well as committing to provide 50 Kickstart placements for young people as part of the scheme, we are actively promoting external graduate-level Kickstart opportunities to our unemployed graduates through our Handshake platform and invite employers to join the platform to share and advertise their graduate-level Kickstart opportunities. In addition, we welcome advertising any events you wish to promote regarding your vacancies. Find out more about advertising through Handshake here.
Connect with us on Handshake!
We have a new partner! In May 2020, the University of Liverpool became the first UK University to transition onto the Handshake careers platform - the best early talent recruitment platform connecting employers, talent, and universities in one place.
You can now use Handshake to advertise your opportunities with us, sign up for our on-campus and virtual events, promote your own events to our students, and connect with great candidates – all free of charge.
Handshake is trusted by 900+ universities and 425K employers worldwide. Handshake’s networked approach to connecting students, employers, and universities helps you to:
- Target your opportunities to those students and graduates you want to receive applications from
- Use the ‘Quick Apply’ facility to track applications within the system
- List and manage your own scheduled events and book to attend on-campus and virtual events at Universities using the platform
- Encourage students and graduates to read your company reviews and testimonials
- Reach out directly to students, and have them contact you
- Manage multiple University relationships from a single system for free
Getting started with Handshake at the University of Liverpool
Existing Handshake Users
If you are already using Handshake to recruit at another University, you don’t have to create a new account, just use your current login information. Then, click on “Institutions” on the left-hand menu. Click the “More Institutions of Handshake” tab, then select the University of Liverpool and click on “Request”. Please read the guide below to improve your chances of being approved in our network.
Handshake help centre
Full details of the terms & conditions for users of Handshake can be viewed here.
Once you have an account, you can use the Handshake Help Centre (accessed from within the system) to find helpful tips on how to post jobs and internships, edit your profile, how to register for events, and set up your own events and interviews.
You can also view Handshake’s employer training ‘How To’ videos here.
5 tips for creating your profile
To be eligible for approval at the University of Liverpool, please fill out your profile as completely as possible for students to review. Your profile will influence how students regard your employer brand, so it’s important that it accurately reflects your organisation.
As a minimum for approval, we expect you to include:
- Full company description
- Contact details for at least one employee with a company email address that matches the domain of your organisation's website
- A link to an active website with a careers section
- Contact phone number
- We also recommend you take advantage of the opportunity to upload a company logo, banner image, and links to any relevant social media accounts where possible to improve the appearance of your profile.
Any of the information listed on your company profile can be edited at any time by the owner or admins on the account.
Our policy on posting jobs
Please note, your request for approval may be declined at University of Liverpool if:
- Your employer profile is not fully completed, contains spelling or grammatical errors, or is otherwise unprofessional
- Your organisation primarily offers positions that are not in line with the University of Liverpool’s Job Posting Policy.
Before sending us a request to join on Handshake, please refer to our Job Posting Policy to check that the roles you plan to post meet guidelines.
Job posting policy
Learn more about the opportunities our Employer Connections Team do and don't post and why here.
Back to: Careers and Employability