LinkedIn is a professional networking site that connects students and graduates with professionals. It is built around relationships between business people, organisations and employees; not holiday photos and YouTube links.
Hear from our Career Coach Grace for some tips on networking online:
- Use LinkedIn to follow companies who you are interested in working for; you will learn when new opportunities are available and can prepare/apply early. Prior to interviews, you can find (and research) potential employers and interviewers.
- Treat your LinkedIn profile as your online CV – demonstrate the skills and experience that you hold and raise your visibility to both your existing network and those you could potentially link with. Build your professional profile as fully as possible so potential employers can easily see who you are and what you have to offer.
- LinkedIn produce a series of short video guides to help you get the most out of it, set up your profile and how to get started and begin using it for your career. Use our LinkedIn profile checklist to review your profile.
- Learn more about LinkedIn in our "How to build your online profile" guide.
- Get some feedback on your LinkedIn profile from a Career Coach. Visit the Virtual Career Studio to chat to a Career Coach now!
Need some help with your LinkedIn profile?
Get feedback on your LinkedIn profile and help with connecting with employers. Visit the Virtual Career Studio now!
Back to: Careers and Employability