Major code: ARMR
For research degree programmes the typical minimum entry requirement is a Bachelors degree (with Honours) at 2:1 level or better in an appropriate field of study. Equivalent overseas degrees together with an acceptable English language qualification are also accepted. Individual consideration is given to mature students with significant and relevant experience with professional qualifications. PhD students are allowed to progress into their next year of study if the assessed work at the time of the Annual Progress Report is at appropriate PhD level. Students registered for an MPhil also have to satisfactorily complete an Annual Progress Report.
Applications from international students are welcome. International qualifications will be evaluated in line with the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) guidelines.
English Language Qualifications
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language, and are required to provide evidence of this. Qualifications accepted by the University include GCSE English;
GCE O level English; AS Level English; A Level English Language; IELTS; TOEFL; Cambridge Proficiency etc. Please see www.liv.ac.uk/international/countries/index.htm for a full list.
If you meet our other academic requirements but do not achieve the required level of English, it is possible to come and study at Liverpool on the University’s summer academic English programmes.
- If you need to increase your IELTS score by a grade of 0.5 (eg you need to improve from 6.0 to 6.5) you should attend the six week course.
- If you need to increase your IELTS score by a grade of 1.0 (eg you need to improve from 5.5 to 6.5) you should attend the ten week course.
- If you need to increase your IELTS score by a band of 1.5 (eg you need to improve from 4.5 to 6.0) you should attend the 19 week course.
- If you need to increase your IELTS score by a band of 2.0 (eg you need to improve from 4.5 to 6.5) you should attend the 29 week course.
- If you need to increase your IELTS score by a band of 2.0 or 2.5 (eg you need to improve from 4.0 to 6.0 or 4.0 to 6.5) you should attend the 40 week course.
If you require additional English language training during your study, the University is able to provide tuition and arrange IELTS tests through its English Language Unit, details of which are available at www.liverpool.ac.uk/english-language-centre.
|IELTS||IELTS 6.5 (normally including writing at 6.5 level)|
|TOEFL iBT||88 or above with minimum scores in components as follows: Listening and Writing 21, Reading – 22, Speaking 23|
|International Baccalaureate||Standard Level 5|
|Hong Kong use of English AS level||C|
|INDIA Standard XII||70% or above from Central and Metro State Boards|