Whether your interests are in human evolution, ancient civilisations or 20th century archaeology, we offer a wide choice of degrees with practical experience and essential transferable career skills.
Single Honours programmes
- Archaeology BA*
- Archaeology BSc*
- Archaeology of Ancient Civilisations BA*
- Evolutionary Anthropology BSc.
*You must take a minor subject in Year 1. Learn more about minor subjects in Single Honours.
Honours Select programmes
You can also take Archaeology as a minor (25%), joint (50%) or major (75%) part of an Honours Select degree. Learn more.
Field School requirements
- Four weeks of fieldwork experience is a requirement of our Single Honours BA/BSc degree courses in Archaeology. This will involve two weeks of archaeological training on our departmental field school in the summer between Years 1 and 2 and a further two week placement at the end of Year 2.
- Four weeks of fieldwork experience is also a requirement of our degree courses in Evolutionary Anthropology and Archaeology of Ancient Civilisations. This will involve two weeks of archaeological training on our departmental field school in the summer between Years 1 and 2 and a further two week placement at the end of Year 2.
- Students taking any Joint Honours Select programme (50%) with Archaeology (including our degree course in Ancient History and Archaeology [VV14]) must do two weeks of archaeological training on our departmental field school in the summer between Years 1 and 2.
- Excellent libraries
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories
- Liverpool Archaeology Field School (for first year students)
- Garstang Museum
- Chris Mee Travel Award.
As well as gaining a thorough understanding of your subject area, our programmes will help you to learn a wide range of skills to enhance your CV, eg.
- Lateral thinking
- Public engagement
- Attention to detail.
Our graduates go on to work in vocational areas such as archaeology, museums and heritage, but they are equally equipped for careers in teaching, academia, management or more general graduate employment.
Do you want to study abroad?